The Benefits of Using an Essential Oil Diffuser
Essential oils are versatile in that they can be used in several different ways. One way to use essential oils is aromatically. This way, an essential oil’s benefit is quickly absorbed by breathing and goes right to the brain.
One tool to get the oil into the air is a diffuser. A diffuser is a device that disperses essential oils into the air. From an ultrasonic diffuser to an atomizing diffuser, also known as a nebulizer, to a fan-style diffuser, there is one for every spot and every budget.
The Many Benefits of a Diffuser
· Elevate your mood. If you are feeling a little down, breathing essential oils from a diffuser can boost your mood. The aroma can also start your “engine” on slow days, create a romantic atmosphere or even inspire colleagues at a business meeting. Mood elevation essential oils include sandalwood, jasmine, rose, wild orange and Scotch pine.
· Relax and sleep. If you need to relax and unwind after a tough day, use a diffuser for a simple and long-lasting option. Keep one in your living room for after-work relaxation or on your night table for a sound sleep. A diffuser at work can help you relax in between meetings. Our recommended essential oils for sleep and relaxation are dōTERRA’s Serenity restful blend, lavender, clary sage, and chamomile.
· Clear breathing. Breathing in essential oil can help support the body’s respiratory function. For those with seasonal threats or any respiratory problem, a diffuser can help at home and in the office. Choose dōTERRA’s Breathe blend of peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus and lemon for maximum clearing.
· Enhance cognitive function. Diffusing essential oils can really boost your brain cells’ performance. Many oils have “adaptogenic” properties so they are excellent for when you feel lazy and sluggish. They can help you regain focus and assist the body in maintaining a natural balance of your hormones. Recommended essential oils for this purpose include lemon, eucalyptus, peppermint, and Frankincense.
· Prevent some illnesses. Most essential oils have anti-microbial properties and, when diffused, can destroy airborne pathogens before they find you. Oils can also boost your immune system. To ward off illness, select dōTERRA’s On-Guard blend, lemon, tea tree, thyme, grapefruit and rosemary oils.
One more important point – an essential oil diffuser is an excellent alternative to burning incense and candles. These can present hazards, especially for children and pets. Incense and candles also produce unhealthy smoke, where a diffuser generates only vapor from the oils.
Let us show you how diffusing essential oils can really enhance your mood, sleep, and energy!
Ask Us about the Many Benefits of Essential Oils
Wayne Leiss, certified Essential Oil Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist, uses essential oils and massage therapy to promote natural healing and balance. We are happy to see individuals and groups in our Danbury, CT location as well as in-office setti
ngs. Please make an appointment on our website – our hours are very flexible to fit your schedule.